Topic: Coat Care 101
BareHare is back on line after a hiatus of 2 months (I hope that any vacation you take is as rejuvenating for you as mine has been for me!) The bunnies and I are gearing up for the Rip Van Winkle Angora Spinning Retreat There are 5 Wee Ones who will be ready for shearing at the retreat, and they are leaving their mamas next week for digs of their own. (Pictures will come when they settle in).
I do have a slew of shearing pictures for you that will arrive daily this week on the blog, but first, let's gather the tools you'll need.
Arrange these all on a low table near you BEFORE you start: (clockwise from bottom right)
1. Plastic tablecloth for catching all that lovely clean angora while you clip. If you just "let it fall", you'll proceed much faster.
2. Slicker brush
3. 5" Shearing scissors
4. "Guillotine" nail clippers
5. Syringe for administering ivermectin
6. Cat/dog flea powder containing carbaryl
7. Plastic netting for clipped angora storage
8. Low stool to sit on while shearing
9. Bucket to hold clipped angora on a windy day (and it will overflow if your angora is German!)