I spent yesterday pondering my business schedule, my times away from the barns and the list of folks who want bunnies this year. I have settled on a breeding schedule...the first and second weeks of March. That said, snowstorms can interfere.
Rabbits are seriously moody critters, and if a doe decides the weather is not right, she will refuse a breeding. Then, all bets are off for the timing of the litters. I will breed two the same day both times, to have a backup nest available if something interferes with a normal litter size. That way, the kits are given the best odds.
So now to juggle the final winter clip-off for the girls. I am planning to breed 4 does so there should be lots of wee ones around here by the end of April. If you are at all interested, please know I have a waiting list for bunnies and you can send me an e-mail to get on it from countrywool's homepage.